Saturday, August 23rd, 2014

Dorm Fire Caused By Faulty Electrical Outlet

That dorm room fire at Cal Poly Sunday was caused not by an illegal hotplate but a faulty electrical outlet. An electrician reset a breaker that had shorted and the resulting surge overloaded an electrical outlet. The fire happened at the Sequoia Residence Hall.  Students in the building put the flames out with a fire extinguisher.

Four rooms were damaged in the incident, displacing ten students who have found temporary housing.

Scroll To Top