Tuesday, July 26th, 2016

Fire Sparked Near CHP Office

Investigators with the San Luis Obispo Fire Department say a fire near the California Highway Patrol office in San Luis Obispo Tuesday was sparked by an abandoned warming or cooking fire at a homeless encampment.
The fire burned about ½ acre of brush along the 600 block of California Boulevard. Firefighters say gusty winds caused the flames to spread quickly, but they were able to gain control of the fire within 15 minutes of the first 911 call.