Wednesday, October 1st, 2014

Homeowner Causes House Fire By Using Blowtorch On Plumbing Repairs

The Five Cities Fire Authority says an Oceano homeowner caused a fire in his home after using a blow torch during plumbing repairs on the 2400 block of Mona Lei Court, just north of The Pike, around 8:30 a.m. Saturday.

Firefighters found smoke coming out of the roof and attic areas above the garage of the home. Firefighters then cut portions of the wall away in the area of the repair to try to find the origin of the fire. There were no injuries.

Scroll To Top