Thursday, December 18th, 2014

Mattress Fire Breaks Out In Cal Poly Dorm Room

A mattress fire at a Cal Poly dorm room over the weekend had displaced at least ten Cal Poly students. According to fire officials, the fire started yesterday afternoon about 4 in a room at Sequoia Hall due to someone using an illegal hotplate.
 
The fire was doused with extinguishers, but the room is unlivable for the remainder of the quarter. So are three other nearby rooms. The university is looking for new housing for the students. No injuries were reported. An investigation is ongoing.

Scroll To Top