Friday, October 31st, 2014

Woman Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At Lake Nacimiento

Lake-NacimientoOfficials are investigating the death of a 23-year-old woman from Salinas who stopped breathing at Lake Nacimineto last weekend.

Deputies were flagged down on Sunday to help two people who were thought to be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning—the result of sitting at the back of a boat near engine exhaust.

The deputies and rangers initiated CPR on Sandy Krystal Valencia who was not breathing.  They were both taken to a local hospital.

Valencia died on Monday.  She continued on life support, until an organ transplant was completed on Thursday.

Scroll To Top